School Agriculture Programme
Objectives: Through the practical routine of SAP activity in the school, SAP programme will be able to;
• To provide basic agriculture education
• To provide a platform to practice the improved methods of modern farming on an integrated approach.
• To produce a substantial amount of green fresh vegetables and livestock products in the school.
• To generate small annual income for the school SAP to have its sustainability.
• To instill dignity of work in our students.
• To implement the government policy of introducing farming activities in the schools.
• To encourage growing of fresh [green] vegetables and fruit trees.
• To impart the knowledge on modern farming to students.
• To create awareness on the diversification of agricultural practices.
• To give chance to all students to work in their agricultural plots (Mass Participation).
• To supplement students with better dietary means.
• To serve as an example for model farming to locality.
The agricultural product should be sold to the school mess or teachers. The account for the same should be maintained properly by the FAT/agricultural coordinator or the respective house captain/master. The profit made from agriculture will be deposited in the school agriculture account maintained by the school. The individual house will be given 50 percent of the total worth sold as an incentive.
- Non –Academic Secretary (Chairperson)
2. SAP Incharge (Secretary)
3. Four house masters (Member)
4. Mess Incharges (Member)
5. Student body (Two SAP captains)
6. House Captains
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and amend SAP policy.
2. Verify the sales (agriculture product)
3. Distribute plots to house.
4. Discuss issues related to the agriculture.
5. Coordinates the agriculture works.
6. Maintain and submit report